Feel free to watch the sermon video embedded here, but this will be a brief entry with simply a few questions for your reflection. A blessed Pentecost to you, and a happy “birthday” to the Church!
- How have you experienced God’s Holy Spirit, that is, God’s real presence, in your life?
- How would you say you began your journey with God?
- “We don’t get to say ‘Well, we did it!’ It’s always God’s Spirit knocking at our door.” (Pastor Harlan) Can you describe anything from your life that you know were God-in-action more than yourself?
- The Holy Spirit can be unsettling, because God challenges us to find our “blind spots.” In what ways do you sometimes feel challenged by God’s presence?
- “God doesn’t call the qualified, but qualifies the called.” Is God calling you do something, or become someone, that you don’t feel qualified for? How does this truth apply to you?